Financial Controller (Accounting)
About the Company
ESE is a publicly-traded company on the TSX Venture Exchange (TSXV: ESE). It is a Europe-based entertainment and technology company focused on gaming, particularly on esports. The Company provides a range of services to leading video game developers, publishers, and brands by providing technology, infrastructure, and fan engagement services internationally. ESE also operates its own ecommerce channels, esports teams, and gaming leagues. In addition to the Company’s organic growth opportunities, the Company is considering selective acquisitions that align with its objective of becoming a dominant global player in esports technology and infrastructure.
The Controller is responsible for managing the financial reports of the company and its subsidiaries. They must have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills. Candidates should have demonstrated knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). They must also be experienced with public company accounting in Canada, including liaising with accountants, auditors, and operational teams. The role usually requires a bachelor’s degree and the chartered professional accountant (CPA) designation.
Duties of the Controller:
• Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
• Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
• Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
• Coordinating activities of external auditors
• Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
• Managing the budget process
• Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
• Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
• Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
• Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
• Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
• Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
- CPA or Chartered Accountant Designation required.
- graduate of BS/BA Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology and other related courses OR a graduate in Financing, Accounting with an Accounting designation.
- at least 5 years experience in data analytics using excel and other accounting software.
- Public company knowledge is an asset
- IFRS accounting experience is a must
- experience with accrual accounting, expense cut-off and revenue recognition issues is a must
- experience with complex accounting issue and systems would be an asset
- self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment
- high analytical ability - critical and logical thinking and optimisation
- perfect business Polish and English
- references required
What we offer
- unique opportunity to be a part of building an exciting company and to contribute to the strategy and make a real difference
- cooperation with team of top market experts, who bring their best ideas and effort to shape the future of the global gaming and esports industry
- competitive compensation package
If you believe you are the right person for this job, tell us why. This is a unique opportunity, to join a rapidly growing global company, in one of the fastest growing sectors in the world and to shape the future and growth of ESE.
You make your own schedule and will both work from our office in Warsaw and your home. You will report to the ESE Europe Director of Operations and ESE Entertainment Chief Executive Officer.
CV wraz z poniższą zgodą RODO prosimy o przesyłanie na adres firstname.lastname@example.org
Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji (zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 10 maja 2018 roku o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. Ustaw z 2018, poz. 1000) oraz zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (RODO)
ESE Europe Sp. z o.o.Zobacz wszystkie oferty ESE Europe Sp. z o.o.