Internship in Data Mining Team
Do you learn best through reverse-engineering? Do you know how web pages work? Are you interested in becoming a hero within a team of existing heroes? If so we could use you to help us:
- investigate varied websites architectures by reverse engineering the underlying communication and data flow
- build efficient web mining robots (spider, bots, scrapers) that will stand the test of time
- research and design tools and processes to optimize the day-to-day work and data platform
- cooperate with the Data Delivery as part of a DevOps team on overcoming challenges related to efficient robot maintenance.
You will be working within a data "Harvest" team which is a part of the pioneer UBS Evidence Lab Innovations based in Krakow/Zabierzow (Eximius Business Park).
Evidence Lab Innovations specialize in various data related techniques including web harvesting, data cleansing and enrichment.
Your paid internship will last 3-12 months with possibility of extension, based on 30-40 hours per week.
- knowledge of web client-server architecture interaction including HTTP, JSON, REST
- web development experience including HTML / CSS, XPATH, DevTools/Firebug
- experience with Python or any other popular scripting language
- some practical experience in working with SQL or NoSQL databases
- willingness to propose new ideas and implement innovative solutions
- full of energy and able to persevere through technical issues
- team player willing to learn / share solutions and best practices from your colleagues
- able to think outside of the box and solve abstract, ill-defined problems
- continuously pursuing self-improvement
- fluent in English (speaking and writing).
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now on ubs.com/polandcareers
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
UBSZobacz wszystkie oferty UBS