Senior Project Accountant
CH2M is now Jacobs, join us and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life - changing infrastructure that improves communities across the world. See the inherent value in your point of view as you deliver for our clients.
As a Senior Project Accountant, you’ll be joining our in-house corporate accounting department. You will become an important part of our global team by providing accounting support within our systems to the project delivery efforts for our clients and internal teams.
The Senior Project Accountant interprets accounting data and analyzes reports in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles). In this role, you will help identify and monitor project revenue/cost variances, as well as issue client invoices.
Our Senior Project Accountant:
• Maintains projects in Oracle according to the company policies and procedures
• Reviews contract terms and associated information to ensure project setup generates appropriate results
• Issues and reviews client invoices to ensure they are in accordance with the contract terms
• Monitors project balances on Accounts Receivable, Work in Progress and Billing In Excess accounts
• Analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness and accuracy of project data, revenue and cost budgets/forecasts
• Provides month-end reporting on project performance including gross margin variances
• Conducts ad hoc reporting, as needed
• Contacts other departments and outside vendors, suppliers and clients to resolve cross functional pending items.
• Provides work leadership to lower level accounting personnel on complex assignments, projects or tasks.
• Supports supervisor in review of the team work and various ad hoc non-standard tasks as requested
• Submits recommendations for process improvements and actively takes part in company initiatives in this area
• May be required to analyze the report for a portfolio of projects or act as TL back up
• Participates in internal and external audit
• Meets weekly, monthly and quarterly deadlines as outlined in company policies and best practices
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Degree in Finance or Accounting, equivalent major or equivalent experience
• At least five years of professional accounting experience (GL, AR, financial analysis and controlling experience will be a strong asset)
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Willingness to take on new task
• Broad accounting knowledge and ability to share with more junior staff
• Fluency in both written and spoken English
• Advanced analytical skills
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, especially Oracle Financials
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Working knowledge of VBA/Access desired
• Willingness to support different time zones will be an asset
• International working environment and unique company culture
• Personal development opportunities
• Friendly atmosphere in a dynamic team
• Full time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
• Benefits package including medical care, insurance, sport activities and other
At JACOBS, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at JACOBS. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects. JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to: http://ch2m.adtrk.tw/tp/rj6-a0jt-f.K
CH2M/JacobsZobacz wszystkie oferty CH2M/Jacobs