Junior Actuarial Analyst
Junior Actuarial Analyst
About the role
Our European team of around 50 consultants is based in London, Zurich, Luxembourg and Stockholm and is connected to our global actuarial network in North America, Australia and the Far East. As part of our expansion plans, we are looking to establish a new team in Poland to work alongside our existing European centres of excellence. Our European teams come from a range of diverse backgrounds, including areas such as finance, econometrics, mathematics, engineering, physics, banking and actuarial science and we hope to draw from similarly diverse backgrounds in establishing our team in Krakow. You will work in a variety of project teams together A&A colleagues in other locations to deliver a wide range of actuarial and analytical solutions to Aon's global client base; quickly gaining the knowledge and expertise to manage your own portfolio of projects. From day one, you will be given responsibility on projects, assisting more senior members of the European teams on a range of areas. It is likely that you will be involved in projects from all product areas during your first few years at Aon. There will also be plenty of scope to specialise when you are ready.
- Helping our clients quantify how much money they need to hold aside to finance the liabilities arising from insurance policies they have written.
- Forecasting future unknown losses on existing policies using historic loss experience and actuarial judgment and assumptions.
- Pricing/Insurance Programme Optimisation.
- Assessing risk in insurance programmes by using historic claims data, industry data and exposure information to estimate the potential cost and volatility of claims arising under future policies.
- Assessing regulatory solvency capital requirements as well as providing advice on data quality, model governance, reporting and documentation.
- Analysing all the financial risks that an insurance or reinsurance company may face, from both an economic and regulatory perspective.
Our technical training
As we are a multi-disciplinary team, you will follow a balanced training programme that covers all of our product offerings. We have a range of training programmes designed to gradually build up your technical knowledge in each area as you gain further experience in the team. You will also receive training and guidance in a range of modelling software. In particular, we use ReMetrica, a capital modelling software package that has been developed by Aon. We are committed to giving you the support you need to develop your skills and take your career to the highest levels. For new starters, we will fully support your study towards qualification as an actuary. You will also be allocated a buddy who's recently been in your position and a line manager to give advice and guidance throughout the year.
- University degree or equivalent with a strong numerical component.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical skills and the drive to deliver excellent work to our clients.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to analyze data and check its accuracy.
- Good numerical skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize own tasks and work under time pressure.
- Spotless record and strong ethos.
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care.
- Generous benefits package for your wellbeing (multisport cards, insurance, vouchers, and many more!).
- Stability of employment and permanent contract after trial period.
- Brand new office supporting collaboration, flexibility and activity based working.
- Internal career opportunities and individual development plan.
- Unique workplace culture - we value openness, honesty and authenticity, so don’t expect formal dress code nor managers hidden behind closed doors.
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues.
If you are interested, please send your CV by clicking "Aplikuj teraz" button.