As a fast growing Shared Service Centre (SSC) we are looking for a Reinsurance Analyst to support our global reinsurance business.
You will perform technical accounting operational duties for assigned reinsurance accounts, including checking and booking of premium and claims data reported by clients (brokers/cedants), verifying settlement amounts and monitoring third-party debtor balances. Together with the team leader and XL Catlin teams in various locations, you will coordinate complex technical accounting matters. As a Reinsurance Analyst you will be supporting risk / premium and claims data analysis and reporting, including data quality control activities.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Reviewing, reconciling and processing treaty/account statements for assigned markets/clients.
- Processing original premium, premium adjustments and claims, ensuring that all data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Ensuring documentation is associated to the appropriate contract.
- Electronically filing/uploading relevant transaction documentation to accounting system, ensuring accurate and consistent labelling, and proper audit-trail of the risk data entered into the system.
- Investigating inconsistencies, account discrepancies and related issues, and raising/resolving these in cooperation with the team leader.
- Responding to queries , timely and accurately.
- Ensuring accounts received are consistent with underwriting technical entries, if necessary securing missing accounts and invoices from brokers/cedents.
- Reviewing, reconciling and identifying incoming and outgoing payments and perform cash allocation for assigned brokers/clients.
- Monitoring third-party debtor balances (credit control/aged debt monitoring), proactively identifying debt positions to chase.
- Supporting and work closely with other internal departments on special projects as and when required (e.g. ad hoc data analysis, reports production, UAT testing, Internal audits).
- Assist in the monthly and quarterly closing process.
- Support continuous improvement activities.
- You will report to Team Leader.
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- University degree (or equivalent), preferably in a quantitative discipline (e.g. finance, accounting).
- 2-3 years professional experience in technical accounting/cash allocations preferably in (re)insurance company.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with high attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity: A willingness to ask questions and explore new ideas.
- Eager to learn and focus on continuously improving technical skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under time pressure in a changing environment is a must.
- Proactive mind-set: ability to work independently.
- Strong planning/organizational skills that allow for high efficiency and productivity.
- Open minded: ability to find innovative e solutions to deliver ‘best in class’ service.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong English skills is a must.
- Other languages skills is a plus.
UNLEASH your potential!
If you are interested, please send your CV in English by clicking "Aplikuj teraz" button.